Monday, January 22, 2007

I want a Wii

The weekend was a scorcher, plus it was packed. What did I do this weekend? Played sports of course, probably not the best idea in the world... but that's how it is. More importantly, I have succumbed to the allure of the Nintendo Wii - go the Spanish babes! So let's go through the weekend in order.

Saturday - Cricket, Symphony in the Domain, Wii. First up - not the best outcome for us. A good opportunity for us to secure our semi-final berth, being 3rd on the ladder playing the 2nd on the ladder. Fortune was not with us this day, with the opponents scoring 137 and our chase flailing at 6/50-odd. Stupid me threw away my wicket again - scored 5 in quick time before being bowled whilst playing a dumbass shot.

Moving on from the disappointing day at the cricket, Symphony in the domain. I believe that it a was the 25th year of Symphony in the Domain and the 75th year of the Sydney Symphony Orchestra. I was quite impressed with the whole show - but I guess I wasn't the biggest fan of Jazz in the Domain, hence my less than glowing expectations. Met a whole bunch of people on the weekend also... but i'll fast forward onto the Wii.

Wii. OMG it's mad. First of all, it's a novel invention. Secondly, it's intuitive. Finally, it's hella fun! I'm going to go look for one now, but i'm betting that i'll be unable to find one given the demand for it. I played the Wii at Smoker's place and I just can't get over how cool the console is! Doing some research on the Wii (although i've already been sold) I was stunned by how serious some Wii-gamers can be. Check out this Philadelphia guy - losing weight thanks to the Wii!

Sunday - Bloody hot. Played basketball at the Cook & Phillip Fitness Centre (Cnr. William and College St.) and nearly killed myself. Running around with the mercury topping 40 degrees is a recipe for disaster. Summary: mixed basketball, was on the losing side, and i'm still terrible at shooting hoops. One positive is that next time we go to the Fitness Centre for basketball I can bring my boardies, as there's a pool in the complex! Mwhah.

Anyway, enough from me - time to search for a Wii.

No comments: