Monday, March 06, 2006

Aussie Big Wigs and Other Random Stuff

Work is what I had last week. No surprise there. I'll give you a brief rundown on what went on. A summary first, then some more detail afterwards:

Monday 27th - work
Tuesday 28th - work
Wednesday 1st - leave
Thursday 2nd - work
Friday 3rd - work
Saturday 4th- cricket
Sunday 5th - not much
Monday 6th- more work

Monday - first day of Dragonboating for the Corporate Games. It's been a long time since I dragonboated last and boy did I feel it. Things weren't really helped as I was placed in Row 2 from the front. No dipping for me, I actually have to paddle properly. Gah! Hopefully things will improve as training settles in.

Tuesday.... nothing but work.

Wednesday, what the? Heh. I took a day of leave. I haven't even worked up a day of leave and I got it! Woohoo! The advantages of having a great boss. I spent the day off at Sydney Uni funnily enough. Hanging out with Jess and some of the Libs at the SULC stall. Had to go dor a bit of a drive as well, but I won't really speak about that - nothing to write home about, really.

You may notice that i've spoken nothing about Aussie Big Wigs and lots about random stuff. Reason: Other Random Stuff and Aussie Big Wigs doesn't have quite the same punch as a subject. So relax.

Thursday was a big, big day. I got to see two power players in Australia - one in the realm of business and one in the realm of politics. Who are the two? Alan Moss (Macquarie Bank) and John Howard (Prime Minister of Oz). Woo! All in the space of half an hour as well. Crazy times, crazy times indeed.

Alan and John weren't at the same event. Let me make that point clear. However, they were located in the same building - the Westin Hotel. Being the lucky person that I am, I didn't actally get to chat with either of them... BUT I was able to stand almost at an arms length to both of them (at different times, obviously). Go me, and all of that.

Friday. Drinks, followed by... more drinks. Wow. Two sets of drinks in one night. I didn't go crazy - so all is good. Drinks were held for the new starters on my floor, followed by the ritual graduate drinks at Ryans on a Friday night (which seems to be a ritual for just about every other graduate in the area!). Home afterwards - late.

Saturday. March to Victory. Bold words considering we aren't the best team in the comp. I think an accurate description of our team would result in the word best not being featured anywhere. Hah! But I digress. The last round of the season is off to a good start. The opposition have been bowled out for 140-odd and we are on track with 4-80. I managed 2 catches, at first slip! Go me. I'm in next drop and the bowling attack doesn't seem too threatning. Dedication and focus shall win the day! High hopes as we March to Victory.

Seems like i've done a week. Might as well add today as well. Work again. Woohoo. I've almost finished the task that i've been given. Apparently it is "Critical" so it's a good thing that i'm almost finished. Testing, testing, testing is pretty much what i've been doing. Gotta make sure that I don't stuff things up!

Talking about stuffing things up. I'm sure i've stuffed up my body after today's marathon of a training session for Dragonboating. Not only did we have an extra long session today - I had to sit at the front with my assigned partner. The very front. Oh man. No pressure. Tired muscles is a good description of most of my body below the neck. I'm going to feel this one in the morning. Tiring on the one hand, yet refreshing on the other. Wierd. Oh and I half fell into the water. Damn boat docking - not easy when there is a current!

Anyhoo, more of the working life coming soon

No comments: