Friday, March 17, 2006

Work? Howzat

Interesting week again this week. There doesn't seem to be a week so far where nothing happens. A good sign, really - although I doubt that this run of good luck can be maintained forever. I've now got the trifecta of bigwigs, thanks to a new addition of "who did I bump into near or at work today?". Who was I in close proximity to this time? Steve Waugh. Yep, ex-Aussie cricket captain.

I didn't actually get to speak to Steve, but I we caught the same lift. Impressive. It was late afternoon and I was on my way down to grab my sports bag off my sister. Being late afternoon, I wasn't the most aware person in the world. So into the lift I go and I hear people talking about cricket - not the amazing defeat of Australia, but India v Pakistan. Fair enough. After listening to about 5 seconds of the conversation, I look up and see who is actually in the lift. Some dude, some other dude, another random, and Steve. What? Steve? Damn! What luck!

Anyhow, moving on from one random event to another. I got a Christmas present from work. Interesting. I got an email for the floor effectively saying "come and see me if you are a new starter or graduate since January 2006". I thought we were all in trouble or something. Not quite. Apparently there was a glut of Christmas presents and the company was generous enough to pass it off to the newcomers. Nice work indeed. The christmas comes early idiom doesn't quite work here - but i'll take it :D.

More random things this week:
- I got paid
- My mobile phone bill is $64
- This coming weekend is the first entirely free weekend i've had since coming back to Australia in mid-January!

No comments: