Sunday, July 25, 2010

Passport is back and no turning back

Finally! My passport is back avec working visa. How exciting! Thankfully it arrives on the eve of my departure to NZ. A really busy week this week - thankfully the stars seem to be aligning. Obviously there are some major hurdles to jump over the next couple of weeks... but I now have the green light to depart. Many thanks to all of you who have shown support and have been wishing me well!

Earlier in the week there was the distinct possibility that I would not be able to leave for New Zealand on Monday. The reason why? My passport. At the start of the week it was in Canberra, still awaiting for my work visa to be affixed. Thankfully, the passport finally came back via courier on Friday morning! Relief. Subsequent to this i've been able to finalise accomodation and will need to finish packing over the weekend. If anyone has any tips on this to do and see in Queenstown, feel free to shoot off some suggestions.

As soon as my passport was returned to me, I was able to get moving on some of the outstanding items on my "things to do before going to the UK" checklist. Signed off on my assignment letter and contract, and also applied for a UK bank account. Some other random tidbits that I was able to do was to arrange for an optometrist session on Monday, as well as re-book my flights to South America (for later this year).

Thanks so much to everyone for being supportive and wishing me well. It's great to have such good friends and i'm sure i'll be back from time to time! Obviously I still need to work on my drinking stamina.

That's enough from me this week as i'm still yet to finish packing for NZ, and still have HEAPS to do before I skip the country. As some would say.... all green!

No comments: