Sunday, July 18, 2010

Only 9 days of work before i'm off to the UK!

I will only need to rock up to work 9 more times before i'm off to the UK, very soon! As another calendar week flys by I am more and more convinced that I should have given myself an extra week or two to prepare for departure! Now, it's not that I have done nothing over the week (i've not done terribly much), it's just that I may have underestimated slightly.

First thing that I managed to achieve over the week was visit the dentist. I haven't really been diligent as i've not been to the dentist for about a year... and it serves me right. I haven't been avoiding my dentist, as he's quite a good one, i've just been extremely lazy. Thankfully, there is nothing significantly wrong with my teeth - which is a relief! However, it was recommended to me that I take out my top left wisdom tooth. Sigh. Damn teeth! Will have to see if I can schedule this in before I depart.

I also sent in an overseas elector form into the Australian Electoral Commission this week. Just thought i'd get that out of the way before I go. What happens next? Julia Gillard decides to call the election for August 21. Might have to go try my luck over at Australia House when the time comes. I wonder if the major parties campaign outside Australia House in the UK? Hmm...

Onto my visa. My passport is still in Canberra, and I haven't heard anything. This is quite normal though, so i've been told. Hopefully there aren't any issues and i'll get it back this week. I'm due to depart for New Zealand on Monday the 26th... so hopefully i'm not going to be stuck in Sydney. That would be a real shame!

As for accommodation in Singapore en route to London. I've picked that this week as well. The Singapore Stopovers don't look so bad, courtesy of Singapore Airlines. I've chosen to stay at the Marina Bay Sands. There seemed to be quite a few ads for this on the news.com.au website over the past few weeks - it's new and it's novel... also saw a piece on it on one of the magazines I was flicking through at the dentist's... so it's fate! Haha. Will write more on it once I get there, looks nice!

Finally, I managed to get myself a new pair of shoes in preparation for the City to Surf on the 8th of July. Mizunos. On a related note, I went for a training run yesterday, and came out the loser. Comfortably ran 7km, but after a few hours ended up with a niggle around my left knee. Hope that disappears so that I can keep running. That's it for another week!

No comments: